Photos

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Progressive Park

Like most kids, growing up I thought my parents had no idea what they were talking about. I felt I was smarter than them by around age 14, and I say that is too long. I have a dream where all kids are smarter than their parents, from any age, on any subject, and despite the lack of experience; where kids point out all the flaws and mistakes of their parents, therefore undermining the entire parent-child dynamic, reversing it completely. Only then have we made progress as a society and with education.

I know that's what all the education reformists are aiming for, and I can only hope, for now, that they make leaps and bounds in their cause. Because, there's still progress in the learning of the children, but not nearly as fast as I want it to be.

Reading: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and hundreds of Persona creative writing entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment